Operator Code of Ethics
This code of ethics for the operator members of the Virginia Motorcoach Association has been adopted to promote and maintain the highest standards of intercity bus service and personal conduct among its members.
Required from each operator is a signed and dated Code of Ethics document, to be placed on file in the VMA offices. Renewal of this document is required when the original signer is either no longer in a position of authority or no longer with the company.
We, the members of the Virginia Motorcoach Association, in carrying out our roles of providing service to the traveling public recognize the need to do so in a professional manner and to deal with the public and our colleagues with the highest degree of integrity. Therefore, we herewith set forth the following creed which shall govern our endeavors to fulfill our obligations:
- To adhere to the professional standards of the Virginia Motorcoach Association and to work to further its goals and objectives.
- To conduct all business affairs with integrity, sincerity, and accuracy in an open and forthright manner.
- To act with integrity in financial dealings with the public and with entities utilized to help arrange or provide services and accommodations to motorcoach travelers.
- To conduct our business and operations in such a manner to protect the public and to promote the image of the industry.
- To work to instill consumer and public confidence in the industry, avoiding any action conducive to discrediting it or membership in the Association.
- To maintain, on a current status, on all licenses, permits, and authority required by the USDOT, the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles and other federal, state and local government agencies applicable to the industry.
- To adhere and comply with all articles of the bylaws of the Virginia Motorcoach Association.
Please download and sign the Code of Ethics and return by email to the address listed on the document.